Sunday, December 30, 2012

1 More

One more day and the kids are home!  Pretty excited for them to come home, but I will admit this week has been nice!  In fact when I look back on the whole Christmas break it has been fantastic.  10 days in Hawaii with my loves (doesn't get better than that), then even though they've been gone and Christmas day was hard, I've had a fabulous week.  Got to meet up with friends from near and far, worked, skate skied 80 kilometers in 4 days (and plan to go again tomorrow), took in 2 movies (Les Mis and Lincoln, both great), cleaned my house, caught up on mail, sorted through years of emails (found some classics in that bunch) and bills. 
Yesterday, skiing with Rick I did 3.5 laps at the hatchery (28 kilometers)  I never go that far because I usually need to be back somewhere doing something.  Yesterday we had all the time in the world, I skied until I knew I was tired, which is when I start making mistakes!  I just took it all in and enjoyed MY time.
I also realized another plus to this situation, when I was talking to Lo last night, she was super excited to have gone sledding.  I have to admit, I only like being outside in the winter IF  I stay warm, which means Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, or farm skiing, but I DO NOT like sledding.  There is nothing I particularly enjoy about going fast downhill while cold air blows in your face.  I have never liked it.....but my ex is dating someone with 2 small kids, and Lo being 10 still likes to go!  So in a way, lucky me I've been off the hook for having to go sledding for the last 2 years.  I am great with someone else taking her if it means she still gets to go and I don't have to do it!! 
I am ok, nope, better than ok!  My heart is full, I am content and I realize how very good my life is.  I will enjoy this last night without the kids, perhaps watching a movie (rare) and eating popcorn for dinner!   Then ring in the New Year with the loves of my life again!  Cheers!

LOTS if this, skiing


Horselake Road with a happy dog

No comments: