Monday, December 31, 2012

End of Year

I close the year with an open mind and a happy heart.  This year has brought so much goodness into my life, I count it as one of the best of my adult life.  Quality time spent with friends and family, my relationship with Rick grew deeper and stronger, traveled to Hawaii (twice), New York City, San Juan Islands, Bend, Las Vegas and spent many weekends in the much loved Methow.  Only did a couple races, but spent  all summer and fall hiking to new areas with the kids.  Really took it all in this year, appreciated all this life has given me.  The chance to be free of my  past relationship, and really discover love. 
The year started off with an email from a woman my ex had long denied ever "communicating" with.  I won't go into what it entailed,  but from that moment on I no longer mourned the past, instead thanked God for the chance to have, live and learn from the life I have now.   I am surrounded by friends, and family that love me, and I love them.
For the first time in many years my life feels like my own.  It's calm and peaceful and everyday is filled with joy and love.

Wishing you all love and peace in the New Year!

*By the way, my little miss was hoping we'd make it to midnight, it's 11 and she's out.  I skied another 24K , I'm wiped too....the best I can do is waking up when my 15 year old comes home!  Goodnight!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this post. You are pretty amazing Jenni!