Tuesday, December 25, 2012

It's in the Books

I survived the first Christmas in 15 years without my kids.  Honestly, I am glad the day is done.  My family was truly amazing (and I know they were missing my kids too), in all it was a good day.  There's just something missing with them gone.  That excitement in the morning when Lo is the first one up, waiting for me to get up, then waiting again for her brother, then patiently waiting again in the living room staring at the stockings while I'm making coffee.  I realized on my drive home from my parents tonight thats what makes it so special and fun, it brings you back to the excitement you once felt.  Today I missed that.  Don't get me wrong, I know how blessed I am, and I got up this morning with the best intent of making the best of it, but I'd be lying if I said it was great.  This one's in the books, and onward we go!
This though is how my day started, felt dang good to revist these (although the body's always a bit shocked)!

No comments: