Monday, December 17, 2012

Just Another Day

Yesterday we went to my favorite beach on the Big Island, you take what's called an "unimproved" road to get there, walk to the first beach, pass it then hike through the lava fields for about 20 minutes, seriously one of the most beautiful beaches.
Gecko competition ( a long standing Hawaii Hakensen tradition) is going strong, Luke and I are tied with 17, Rick with 12, and Lo holding strong at 5.
 
 
 
No trip to Hawaii is ever complete for us without L&L! And yes Luke is a red kind of reminds me of my Dad!
Morning run before the sun has risen
 

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It hurts! It's soooo beautiful!!! Did you say the name of that beach? I'd love a recommendation! Enjoy enjoy!!

Jenni said...

It's called Makalawena, a wee bit tricky to find, but well worth it!