Friday, December 21, 2012

Aloha Nui Loa

Means all my love. This was once engraved on my wedding ring, and still remains one of my favorite Hawaiian sayings. It's how I feel about my kids.
We have been on vacation now for just over a week, goodness it flies by! I am finding myself waking up in the middle of the night with anxiety with the anticipation of waking up Christmas morning for the first time without my kids. I've made peace with the fact that they will be away for a week with their Dad. I don't like it, but it's only once a year and my schedule for that week is FULL. I remind myself over and over that with the exception of every other Saturday I am with my kids everyday. 
This trip was strategically planned.  Originally I was trying to trade 1 day in October, with my ex to take Lo but, after multiple failed attempts decided looking forward on the calendar when I wouldn't have to trade was the better way to go.  When I saw 12 days straight, right before they head to their dads for a week, I jumped on the chance to come here with both kids.  It has been a truly amazing, memorable vacation in so many ways.  I couldn't ask for a better Christmas gift than over a week of time without any distractions with them.  When Christmas rolls around, it will be OK, not ideal, but OK.
Captian Cook adventure

No comments: