Monday, December 10, 2012

Appreciation

Today was one of those non stop days. From the time I made the kids breakfast until this evening we didn't stop. By dinner I felt like I was going to crash, then Rick shows up. This man brings so much light to my life, in the evening chaos tonight I stepped back, watched and realized just how melded he is into our family. Sappy I know, but my heart just swelled.  He is humble about his involvement with my kids,  you won't see him posting pics of himself and my kids, or gloating about time spent with them on facebook, and I love that about him! But I'll say it, like tonight when he jumped in and helped Lo with her homework, then moved onto helping with Luke's sweater for young life, he is very much a natural part of our lives. One that we (I speak on behalf of the kids and myself) truly appreciate. The reality is, with the exception of every other weekend when the kids visit their Dad, he is there in our day to day life.  His help and involvement on nights like this, just normal, busy everyday life, is grately appreciated.   Going to bed exhausted, and thinking how lucky/blessed we are to have him in our life.....


2 comments: