Monday, May 6, 2013

2nd Annual Escape

Apple Blossom.  We peaced out for the weekend to Sun Mountain Resort.  This year my son's Apple Blossom schedule was pretty full, he was scheduled to work for Young Life to offset the cost of his Malibu trip this summer, and wanted to participate in a 3 on 3 basketball tournament.  So he stayed home and took care of the house and animals.  I was a bit nervous about it, but put my trust in him and he did pretty good.  HUGE thanks to my parents that followed him around all weekend, checking in on him and watching all his games!  The Methow was as fabulous as always, weather was 80 degrees and no wind.  Gorgeous and looking forward to heading back in a couple of weeks.

I get asked a lot where I stay, so I thought I would lay out a few of my favorites on here.
This link http://www.methownet.com/lodging.php  has a list of all lodging options in the Methow, and from there you can click the link to the individual websites.

Here are a few favorites for different occasions.

Clearly Sun Mountain Lodge is wonderful, beautiful, relaxing, quite.  They have a pool, hot tub and spa.  Downside is it's spendy and 6ish miles from town.

For a large group, renting a couple of the Rivers Edge (not to be confuse with River Run) cabins works well and can accommodate 3 couples.  We've done this in the winter so those that aren't as big of skiers are right in town and can do their thing, plus they each have their own hot tub.

If it's just Rick and I, or another couple, I often get on the Mazama Country Inn's website, they have a link to the left where they rent out individuals cabins and houses.  I have never been disappointed with any of the places I have stayed at. The prices are often better than some other cabins.  Only thing it's helpful to know the Mazama area and have an idea where you want to stay.  Some are a bit isolated and away from the trails.  I think the beauty of staying in Mazama is being close to the trails.

Timberline Meadows has some good cabins.  The ones closest to the main house are owned by the people there, but they've expanded and sold some lots where they rent others out.  Great again for families or several couples.  Downside, the further you get from the main house the weaker the Internet gets. 

In Winthrop we found kind of a fun gem the Methow River Lodges and Cabins.  You can walk right over the bridge to town, or up to the ice rink to catch the shuttle to Mazama and ski the 30k back.  We stayed there for the first time in 2/12 and half of the lodge had been completed within 8 months, the other half was under construction.  People that own or run it are super nice, and their rates are reasonable.  Their website I believe says no dogs, but when I've inquired I believe on the main floor you can have them (not positive).

Which brings me to if you do want clean, affordable and dogs Mt. Gardner Inn.  No frills, but people and pet friendly, and often cheaper than the rest!

Enjoy!

This girl loves the Twisp River Pub as much as her Mom


No comments: