Thursday, May 9, 2013

Blessed, I am...

Having a little evening date with my Lilo.  Our nights consisting of watching the Proposal, eating a dinner of grilled cheese, apple slices, carrots and asparagus on the floor.
There's not a day that goes by when I don't look at this girl, with amazement and think I am so lucky to be this girls Mom (I think this about both my children, but these days it's a lot of just Lo and I).
She is my daughter through and through (yes, I know others would agree).  She loves to be early to everything, is always prepared, organized,  always wants to know the plan, and if it changes wants to be notified of it.  Because I operate much like her, she makes my life very easy!  This girl is such a caretaker, it actually breaks my heart to think of how at times she took care of me, cheering me up, and knowing exactly what I needed to hear when she was just 8 years old.  She dotes on my nephews and friends little kids, always helping out. 
I wake her up on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 5:45, she springs out of bed, gets dressed, eats breakfast, brushes her teeth and hair, then feeds the dogs, all within 20 minutes.....without me ever once having to tell her to do so. 
I love our walks home from school each day, her constant chatter about her day.  I cherish the mornings I get to make "big" breakfast and sit with her.  I love being in her classroom on Fridays.  I love this transition to being a teen, but catching the glimpses of the child within.  I love how artistic she is, and her imagination to create.  At night I love those quite moments before bed reading, then snuggling with her.  I love this child (and Luke) more than anything.  I understand and appreciate the meaning of a Mom's love, and I don't take a moment of this for granted.  I am blessed to have been chosen to be her Mom.

No comments: