Sunday, May 19, 2013

Moments I Wouldn't miss...

Maybe it's because I used to work for the airlines and had very little control over my schedule, or perhaps it's that my kids are getting older and these moments are going way to fast, whatever it is I am happy to take it all in, even if it means driving 2 plus hours to watch my son run 2 laps (2 minutes 14 seconds to be exact) around a track for districts. 
He didn't know until this week he even qualified (earning the 15th out of 15 spots in the 800) for the district meet.  When he told me on Tuesday, I didn't think twice, Lo and I of course would head down.  Last night Rick mentioned wanting to come, and this morning my Mom surprised us and showed up to.  It was awesome.  My son didn't set any records or even PR, but he was there and he got to experience it.  Of course watching him was my favorite.  I originally thought I would watch him and leave, well it was truly awesome to watch this level of high school athletes, we stayed for the whole thing, were all on our feet for the 4x400...loved it. Big thanks to my friend Nancy who explained everything for me too!
I didn't run.....ever...in high school, I played varsity tennis all four years, and truly didn't get why anyone would choose to run....for fun.  In fact I never even went to a meet prior to my son running.  I'm hooked.  In awe of what talented young athletes we have, and their ability to put it all out there and go for it.  Looking forward to two more years of this (Lo said no way is this her thing)!
The roadies

The call out, very cool


I'd say she's a proud Grandma

I love these

No comments: