Monday, July 8, 2013

Little Whispers

I wish I had a picture to go with this but I don't, it would've interrupted the moment.  There are moments as a mother I just take in and enjoy.  I was doing some book work at my computer on the main floor, when I heard Lo coming down the stairs, clearly on a mission somewhere.  She quickly informed me she was heading to her office (in the basement there's a space that was created under the stairs and formerly used as a sewing room, now  is Lo's "office").  I sat up here, listening to her voice clearly in her own imaginative world of play, in some sort of scenario.  I love that, I remember being that way.  I love that you don't need television, that your imagination can take over and create your own entertainment.
She is  a creative, sweet kid.  I love that she gets time here and there to just play.  I love how adaptable she has been through all the changes.  It amazes me, and makes me so proud of her.  I love that after a weekend away she's excited to come home.  She had a great weekend, camping at one of the local parks with her Dad, she even got to bring a friend, which she loved.  I love that she's such a good sport about playing with her Dad's girlfriends kids,  that she's pretty awesome in the way she handles the seven year old that has a tendency to challenge her.  She's just such an awesome kid all around, I love being in the moment with this girl!
My son is away in Mexico (his first trip without his mom *sigh*), gone still for a week.  I miss him like crazy, but Lo is so chill it's nice to just have some serious one on one time with my girl that's growing too fast.....

No comments: