Monday, July 15, 2013

Race Jitters

The last two weeks I have been less than excited about the upcoming half iron. My performance has shown it in the run and swim, both being dreadfully slow, and performed without much excitement. The bike is always good.
I feel with this race in particular, given the amount of training, cost and travel hassles, I bit off more than I could ( or want to ) chew. If Lo wasn't occupied with her Shakespeare in the park camp from 9-3 each day, I'd be really grumpy, at least now I can squeeze the workouts between 12-3.
However, today I got excited again. Last Wednesday my open water swim, was the worst yet, horrible. To the point I actually read the swim rules that say you can hold onto the boats and rest and thought I may just have to do that. It was going to be my last open water swim before the race, but I couldn't go into a race with that thought, so I borrowed my friends float buoy and headed up to the lake solo, night and day difference. Had a great swim, a much better way to go into a race!
The grey structure to the left is where I swim to, I have a few fast friends that swim to the houses, that's a tad scary for me!
Rubber suit mafia. This is last weeks photo.....before the swim that made me want to throw the wetsuit in the dumpster and say forget it!
 

No comments: