Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Practice, practice, more practice

I returned to the pool for the first time since the race. Who knew not being good at something could make you so excited. I have really enjoyed swimming, more so open water swimming. Now that I like it, it's time to improve! I felt the exact same way when I took up cycling a few years ago, and then skate skiing a couple of years later (running I just cant get into that want to improve state of mind) Cycling came pretty easy, skate skiing was totally foreign to me. I wanted to do it, and when I do anything, I want to do it well. It took time and patience, but I am pleased with my ability, especially the last two years. I see swimming as my new challenge. It is hard for me, but there is something SO rewarding about the dread at times of doing a workout that's hard because it doesn't come easy, but doing it and feeling awesome after, simply because you gave it your all. Here we go!
 
 

No comments: