Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 10

Thankful for days with nothing scheduled.  Lo was at an all day birthday party and my son was off to a concert.  I got in an early run and had NOTHING planned.  Felt like a really good day to be home tackling some things I have wanted to get done.
I am one of those people that likes to vacuum (ironically the main floor of my house is wood and I don't like to mop), mow the lawn, and rake leaves...when I have time
 
Then after that was completed I tackled my bookshelf.  Upstairs I have a bookshelf  that runs from wall to wall.  I haven't organized or sorted much out in the five years I have been in this house.  It's a big task and I made it half way.  Filled up a free box to take to work, organized my favorites, and travel books.  Found 26 books I have yet to read (I reread all the backs of them, and was super excited to have that many to get to).
Found this in the mix.  Sometimes it's nice to be reminded that during the 14 years with my ex, he was sweet, at times.  When it ends bad, it's hard to recall those times.  This little note, reminded me of how he would often write little tidbits, and they did make me happy. 


As if my raking and cleaning weren't already going good, I then found this in a book!
Now it's time to sit back and wait for my daughter to get home, drink my adult hot chocolate, and perhaps catch up on my guilty pleasure True Blood (which is NOT suitable for children, hence why I may take advantage of this quite time).
Thankful for days like this, unscheduled, productive, with pleasant surprises thrown in!

No comments: