Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day 27

(Yesterday) Grateful for running. Not being around my kids causes a bit of anxiety, add a holiday to it and it becomes even harder. The reality is, it's only one day withouth them, they left for a visit to their Dads at 5pm and will return Friday evening, but it doesn't matter, 8 and 13 years of straight holidays with them, wasn't enough, I want everyone until they are out on their own!
To avoid dwelling on it yesterday I set out for a longish hard run. Took off from my house to run up SaddleRock and back, it's a 7 mile run, first half is entirely up. However as I was running up I discovered a new trail to the right, thinking it would take me up the face of SaddleRock I went, but this trail kept going, it was the most fantastic surprise. I set out to run to and exhaust myself, it was work, but it was pure joy as well. I was giddy with this new trail, and so excited to stumble on it, got home and was on the running high all day. Thankful that running is my release.

 

No comments: