Thursday, December 15, 2011

Back in Action

My loyal running buddy is back!  He's been missed!  When he threw his back out in October and I worried that may be it for my 5 year old German Shepard.  He was so bad at one point he couldn't make it up the stairs in my house, or in the back of the car without being lifted.  This last month he's gone snow shoeing and hiking with us, and then back to the house for ibuprofen, I'd noticed a little  stiffness after.  Last week I  saw significant improvement so I thought I'd give it a go today.  I still won't be taking him on my long runs anytime soon, but today he went on a 6.5 mile run , tail wagging, and pretty sure he was smiling the whole way.  Tonight no problem getting around and he's sleeping sound!
I have to say I am in somewhat of a "rest period" before gearing up for next season, so have been rather enjoying my comfortable long (and tempo) runs at a 8:35-8:45 pace.  I forgot how much faster I go running with my off leash four legged companion, he constantly gives me the "is that all you've got for me " look.  Today was 6.5 mile in 53.03 (8:09 mm)

No comments: