Sunday, December 18, 2011

Girl Date

Luke's off in Seattle for a long weekend with his friends, so Lilo and I had the entire day to ourselves.  I LOVE taking the time to make a day for them on their own, put house work, friends, everything else aside and take it all in with one of the most special people in my life.  On that note I have to say I am truly blessed to have a man in my life that understands that too.  He certainly doesn't take offense to it, knows I care about him just the same, and allows me and encourages that quality time with my kids.  Thank you R, I am a lucky girl!
Asked Lilo what she wanted to do, she said bake, do nails, shop and a movie.  Sounds great, except the shopping part, I AM NOT a shopper, despise it actually.  I don't like to spend money except to travel, I don't like crowds and mayhem, and there's nothing I wouldn't be able to live without.  The only thing I can actually think of that I like buying is new bedding (which might be a little too often) and puffy coats (slight problem with great deals on Steep and Cheap).  But it ended being a good thing.  Because of her I got all the loose end gifts for Christmas finished up!  Thanks Lilo!
We ended the evening with a walk to the movie to see Arthur Christmas.  So fun, and girl if you read this, I had the best day ever, love you bunches bella cakes!


No pictures of our night walk to the movie (we were too bundled up), but there you have it, a girl date!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I LOVED this post! My girl and I are having a date together on Thursday...and I can't wait! We are going out for tea (her choice) and then going shopping (her choice). Aren't little girls THE BEST?? :)