Monday, December 26, 2011

Finally!

December 26th and finally got to ski the Icicle trails.  It's kind of a record year in a few ways.  Went skiing the earliest I have ever been up to Mazama the weekend after Thanksgiving, then it warmed up and dried out and have been biking all the way up until last week, which typically I throw in the towel in mid November. 
In any case the conditions were great!  I think the key for now (due to lack of snow) is to get there early right after the grooming has set.  Check out Leavenworth Winter Sports Club for current conditions.  Props to them, every year they do an amazing job with whatever mother nature gives them.
Rick got in 24 kilometers, myself 16 and Luke, well after a week of hanging watching movies, playing Xbox and eating junk (note:NOT at my house), he didn't feel so swell out there, so  made it to the back loop and turned back...maybe 6 kilometers. 

No comments: