Friday, December 30, 2011

Staycation

Yep I finally did one of those.  I don't think I have ever taken time off and stayed home.  That might be the downside to owning a business.  But this time of year I have all kinds of help home for the shop, got organized on my week without the kids and stocked up and did the orders for everything.  I am a fan, this is great!  Normally time off with the kids equals a vacation, but since we no longer have to plan around someone else's schedule our vacations will no longer happen during the Christmas break.  We went to Seattle overnight one day, skied another.  Slept in, had peppermint hot chocolate with peppermint whipped cream for breakfast.  Weather has been amazing so got lots of running, biking and hiking in!
I love it!  Granted I love to travel and will be heading to Maui in a few weeks, and have our summer "city" trip to the big apple in the works, and tossed around a Cali trip for a few days Spring Break, but I have thoroughly enjoyed this time relaxing and taking it all in at home with my favorite people!

No comments: