Friday, December 2, 2011

S Rock and Beyond

Blog post #2 for the night.  This is what happens when you want to go to bed, but have to wait up for your teenage son to get home from the hockey game.  Had a wonderful date night with my man and the girl, and a pretty fun, yet chill weekend is in store for us!
When December hits, I get the itch to get the XC ski's on and go.  I plan my work schedule Fridays so  I can leave work, get to Leavenworth ski 16 Kilometers and get back in time to pick the girl up from school.  Well it's Friday and our snow is gone, so the blue sky, clear trails and a dog in desperate need of exercise called to me.  My friend and I call the hike Saddlerock and beyond (because I have no idea what the name of the trail is beyond Saddlerock).  Getting to the S rock is 1.25-1.5 miles (1.25 if you choose the steeper inclines to get there), from there you go west (not north down to the WRAC side),  another 1.5 miles to the "sign".  Once you get on top you notice this trail parallels number 2 canyon road, and almost directly across from the gun club.
Kaiser hasn't been able to run since throwing his back out in October, but we've taken him out snow shoeing, and as long as he gets some ibuprofen he does OK, and has so much fun.  I love being outside with my canine friend!
No photo editing, this is the real deal



I love this sign

1 comment:

**nicke... said...

i really want to hike this someday as in the next time i am in wenatchee!