Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Here We Go

That time of year again.  Looking at the picture of these two I can't help but be so proud of them.  Summers end is always bittersweet.  I really enjoyed having them at work with me each morning this summer,  and will miss them.  But I feel we got in everything we wanted to do.  Took a few vacations, enjoyed some lazy weekends, and they had adequate friend time as well.  Now it's time to get back to schedule!
Today was the last "first day" of taking a child to elementary school for me.  Thought I would be sad, but I wasn't.  Instead I am proud of who they are, and excited to continue to see them grow and mature.  Plus I have been doing this for a solid 10 years!
This year also marks the first year in 11 that I am not a soccer Mom.  Ok with this too.  We have moved on to High School sports for Luke (x-country), and Lo has decided not to do soccer.
Thought I'd throw this in there.  Night before school pic (look how excited Luke is).  This is also where we have camped out all summer.  The upstairs of the house is so hot, so we made a camp in the basement....have to say it's been fun!

Luke Sopmore year, 15 years old.  Lo 5th grade 10 years old

No comments: