Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Run of Shame

This isn't such a bad thing, but I have to laugh every time I do it.  In the summer I try to get my runs in when the kids aren't home.  So twice a week in the summer when they stay at their Dads, I usually stay at Ricks (gasp, I know).  He gets up early to ride so I've been having him pick me up the night before and instead of "the walk of shame" I do the run of shame home in the morning!  At this point its nearly commical, because I need to be home by 5:30 to get ready for work, so do the math to figure out what time I have to run in order to get 4.5-6 miles in before then...O dark hundred!
Special props to my friend that meets me somewhere out on the streets for this.  I get so excited when I see her in the dark, otherwise running in the dark is NOT my thing!
These runs of shame are coming to an end, thank goodness.  Schools starting soon and I will have my afternoon workout window back!

2 comments:

kathleen c said...

Good for you!! I've often thought of the "run of shame" from J's to my house but the O'dark-thirty time frame isn't going to happen for me!!

Jenni said...

KC I really dont like the O dark thirty, but if you ever want to join it at least helps to have company...we'll find you somewhere on the dark streets!