Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pit of my Stomach

Goodness I am going to miss her!  Lo leaves Thursday to fly with her Dad to Arizona to see her aunt graduate, so excited she gets to be included in this (Luke unfortunately didn't make the cut and didn't get asked).  This means however I won't see her for three days (an eternity to me), and my little traveler will be doing this without her Mom. 
I worry of course about all sorts of things.  Lo's a pro at traveling, loves it, she has rituals and routines, and thoroughly enjoys the experience, her Dad on the other hand gets stressed easily.  She and her Dad don't always see eye to eye on things, and I get that (she might be a "tad" stubborn), but I understand her.   I am the protector of her carefree, innocent spirit.  I worry when she's not with me, that someone else might not understand.  She doesn't care what styles are in, and has no idea name brands, she rocks her own style each and everyday (my only rule is it must be weather appropriate).  She thinks she's beautiful, and I think beyond her physical beauty that truly makes her shine.   I love that she is the tallest girl in her class (and super skinny) and yet she's not afraid to wear a sequined shirt and a multi colored tutu, I wish I had been like that.  I admire her so much, and scares me that, that innocence can be broken.
My plan is stay busy.  Luke and I are going to take this opportunity and head to the Methow to Mtn bike.  Not really my thing, but he's been enjoying it, so I have been trying so I can go with him. 

And to my little Lilo if you read this....call your Mom EVERYDAY!!  Love you Bella!

At work with her Momma

1 comment:

kathleen c said...

Cute photos!!! I need a mug like that for my collection. The whale and hippo are getting lonely!!