Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Three Times in a Year

Failed on my 10 on 10 again, so I'll give you 10 (or 11) highlights of Bend.  I love this place, clearly as this was my 3rd trip down in just over a year.  Lucky for me two years ago one of my dear friends (also happen to be the parents of one of Lo's best friends) relocated there, even more of an excuse to come.  Rick and I packed up the car (and yes another big deal, this was our first vacation together all 4 of us) Wednesday and we took off on the 6 hour drive. 
It was a prefect end to our summer vacations.  We mtn biked (Luke got to try out a 29'er), floated the river,  ran, kayaked, drank coffee at my favorite coffee shop (THUMP), ate (even drank a beer here and there) at 10 Barrel (my favorite) and CRUX, got to hang out on the deck and visit with friends.  Now normally  I don't drink beer, but I think I would if I lived in Bend...
Now home for a few weeks, then off to Vegas!
Thump


Lo and Holly at 10 Barrel


CRUX

These people make me VERY happy

Rick and Luke, Deschutes River Trail (one of the only times I had them in sight)

So happy I survived the 1st half of our Mtn Bike ride (first few miles looked more like hiking with a bike for me)

Sparks Lake

This was on the last day...did NOT want to leave

Simply gorgeous, Luke too!

No comments: