Saturday, August 25, 2012

Seizing the Moment

With Lo gone, I really wanted to take advantage of my time alone with Luke.  This is the last summer of Luke without a license and it's come and gone. It's hard for me to not make someone else in Luke's life realize how important this is, but there's a lot of important things that person just doesn't get right now. Instead I remind myself how lucky I am,  I get to take advantage of these moments.
As the week went on Luke kept his schedule free for his Mom!  Thursday night we enjoyed a movie date together, walking down to the Liberty, which is our favorite.  Friday we loaded the bikes up and took off to Mazama.  The Methow is certainly on my list of loves of my life.  I don't know that everyone can appreciate it the way I do, and that's OK, to me its a little slice of Heaven!
We have had a full and wonderful summer.  I am OK with it ending.  Looking forward to the fall hikes and winter Nordic skiing!


Lunch at our favorite, Twisp River Pub

No comments: