Monday, October 22, 2012

Birthday Thanks

Oh my, I am a very lucky girl.  This has been the best birthday.  Thanks again to my friends who threw such a wonderful party last weekend, and my family this weekend.  What I wanted most on my actual birthday was to spend it with those I love, outside.  Rick mentioned anything above 3000ft was supposed to get snow (I will say this guy is ALWAYS spot on with the weather), I didn't really care, we were going snow or not!  We dressed for cold (not so much for snow, Luke and I were in  trail runners, lucky for us I just got Lo a new pair that have gortex, so her feet stayed dry).  We had the most amazing day, kids were awesome, and dogs were thrilled. 
I like to hike, but I really like doing it with my kids.  To have hours of their undivided attention where we get to just talk and think, it's my favorite thing in the whole world.  I walked a lot with Luke on this hike (Rick was the patient soul walking with Lo), we talked about homecoming, girls, friends, and then out of nowhere, he informed me he peed his name in the snow, but he missed the boat on it because he  should've done it in cursive so he wouldn't have had to stop in between letters....wow!   I love it all.
Thanks to my sister for hosting the family party that evening.  So much fun, and thanks for baking my FAVORITE cake.  She seriously makes the best cake, it's angle food with a coffee powder sugar icing!









2 comments:

Becky said...

I totally forgot to tell you Happy Birthday this morning - whoops! Looks like you had a fantastic day!

kathleen c said...

I feel like I know too much about Luke now!!! :) Happy Birthday and super jealous of your snow hike. It looks gorgeous up there!!