Saturday, October 13, 2012

Never Gets Olds

Waking up, drinking a cup of coffee, scrolling through the computer, little voices downstairs.  What a glorious morning.  It's a bit of  a contradiction, I love my quite morning, but equally love when the kids have sleepovers and I get to listen to their funny stories, or the girls downstairs playing some sort of "work life/office".

Heading out this afternoon, to celebrate the 1st of three, weekends of birthday celebrations.  Why not, right?  I was never much one for birthdays, and don't really like the whole gift thing, but the older I get the more I realize another year is  worth celebrating, so this weekend it happens to be at a dueling piano bar with my friends.  Thinking about my friends and how much I love them, I came across this quote:

"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, not the joy in companionship, it is the spiritual inspiraion that comes to you when you discover, that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: