Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekends over, time to rest

I still struggle with having to part ways with my kids every other weekend.  As a result friend time, boyfriend time, and house improvements all get  moved to my weekends without the kids. 
This weekend, I don't feel like I missed a beat.  Started with meeting the girls for hour happy hour Friday, sleeping in Saturday, going for a bike ride during a window of clear skies, painting the basement bedroom and bathroom, sleeping in again Sunday, trail running with a girlfriend, then finished painting the the closet.  By the time the kids came home Sunday I was so ready to snuggle on the couch with them (or snuggle with Lo,Luke doesn't really snuggle anymore).
House cleaning may have been neglected and lawn was not mowed.  I am ok with that!
*Thank you to my love for all your help this weekend.*
Now just the finishing touches (I will do before and after pics later)


Beautiful run to the lake

No comments: