Monday, October 29, 2012

Living and Loving

 3 weekends of celebrating my birthday have come to an end *sigh*.  Turning 35 has been the best!  It ended with 4 days in the Methow.  The weekend was originally booked for the previous weekend so the kids could go, but my 15 year olds social engagement (homecoming) set precedence and rightfully so!   Jenn and Jason jumped in to go with us!  Its pretty to great to have such amazing girlfriends, but my girlfriends significant others are equally amazing, and  the guys have a pretty cute bond too!
I spent 4 days trail running, eating, relaxing, reading smut, a good book, watching movies, oh my gosh it was fabulous!  J&J  left on Sunday so Rick and I spent Sunday traveling up the Washington Pass (my first trip on it) and hiking around.  Gorgeous area!  That night Rick and I started the fire, made a salad and had a glass of wine.  Like most of you raising kids with your spouses there's very little of this quite time.  It dawned on me that yes I am raising my kids, but I am  doing so with Rick.  He's there in the evenings, helping with dinner, homework, clean up, fixing odds and ends,  then he heads home as I get the kids ready for bed.  I have to say the realization made me very happy.  I love raising my kids,  and while they are my responsibility, it feels good to have a partner again.  Having that moment of quiet and  relaxation,  sitting down with the man I love, what a birthday present.  Thank you Rick and the Jablokiatis's for an amazing weekend!......Now back to the grind, literally!
Few more photos:
I like this view waking up

I like this breakfast, very much

Up Washington Pass we go

Ross Lake

No comments: