Sunday, November 18, 2012

1 Hour of Silence...please

There are times I find myself envious that my ex lives in a little 2 bedroom apartment, no repairs or maintenance, no insurance, taxes,  garbage or water to pay, cleaning is even limited because of the size.  Sometimes that simplicity sounds fabulous! Thankfully those moments are rare, and seem to fall in the middle of some house project I am tired of doing.  That's where I was this afternoon, felt great to be home again this weekend, sleep in, enjoy my coffee and get going at EVERYTHING!  It was a gorgeous day out, so of course had to (aka wanted to) get in a good run with Kaiser, but I have been on the never ending project that started when I remodeled the basement, Luke moved down there (that was easy), but then Lo wanted his old room (the bigger room), so I figured if we are going to do it, we'll really do it.  I ordered her a bedroom set from Costco, steam cleaned the carpet, then today painted it purple (of course), and assembled furniture (with the help of a few good men), it was exhausting and at 4 o'clock I still hadn't showered from my run a 10, felt nasty, tired and grumpy.....An hour later sitting here showered, sipping my spiked hot chocolate, and admiring the work we did (oh, also got Christmas decorations up), now I'm thinking how much I love my house, how great this weekend was.  Loving the fact that Luke's friends hung out here both Friday and Saturday night.  Being glad I provide a home for my kids, I like where I'm at.....of course in a month or so when I am shoveling 2 feet of snow in my very long driveway, again I will be wishing for the simplicity and lack of responsibilities an apartment could bring!

A little Saturday morning chess lesson


This little guy wanted SO badly to help, right here he is "holding it in place"

And so it begins...

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Ooohhh I know just what you mean. We live in an old old home, too, and I spent the weekend repainting all the doors, finally covering up the ancient almond colored oil based paint with fresh white. I.Hate.Painting.Woodwork. But...we seem to always choose old homes. Go figure. Maybe our next one will be new and modern and minimalistic!

Happy day to you!

Jenni said...

Hahaha, I have been "re"painting painted to look like would trim for years in this house! I love old charm, but so done with the work! I USED to like painting....ughh!