Sunday, November 4, 2012

Going With It

I had a whole agenda planned out for today.  A very LONG list of house chores in and outside.  First thing on my list was starting the day with a run.  I went the long way to the gym (its actually the opposite way and then back), it was a tad overcast, which was what the forecast was calling for.  On my run I went over my list: make breakfast, start laundry, rake back yard, steam clean upstairs carpets, put sample paint on Lo's wall, get to the hospital, Costco, then Halloween party, back home, help Rick with blowing out sprinklers, make dinner......

Well needless to say I got out of the gym and it was gorgeous.  The thought of chores and the kids hanging out inside all day was a no go!  Ditched most of the list except breakfast, Halloween party and dinner (Rick did my sprinklers...THANK YOU, LOVE).  Packed up the dogs, grabbed coffee and hiked up to Marion Lake.  I love how easy this hike is to access and how close to town, maybe a 15 minute drive, super easy for kids too, and awesome for dogs!  About 3/4 of the way up we ran into some friends and their kids (Lo was thrilled). 
My list is still long, but it doesn't bother me, it was a wonderful day and weekend!

At this point we were on task..breakfast

Luke may very well be the most entertaining hiker

Happy Boy, Happy Dog

Even sibling bonding

Bff Mini's Halloween Party....or excuse for mommies to get together..

No comments: