Saturday, November 3, 2012

Handy Men and Milestones!

Oh man is it nice to have a man around, and a teenage son that wants a car!  Two years ago I did whatever I could to get this house ready for winter, not really having a clue what it all entailed.  Thank goodness my Dad was around helping us.  Last year was better,  and this year Rick showed me how to clean out my gutters....ooops, who knew!  I didn't think I had a fear of heights, but I won't lie, did not like being on the roof digging gunk out.  The leaves at this house are NEVER ending.  I love my big beautiful trees but good lord do they lose a lot of leaves.  Luke was put to work on the front yard yesterday!

Today was a BIG day!  I bought Luke a car (well technically it's my car and he will now have a car to drive).  This is a huge moment, huge!  I remember getting my first car, and how fun it was to just sit in it.  It was so fun to have this moment and experience with him.  A bit bittersweet too, he's growing up, he won't be legal to drive for 5 more months, but it's happening.  Two years ago I would've dreaded this moment, but as much as I am shuttling him and his sister around, I am actually really looking forward to a little less driving myself!

Thanks Mom and Dad for being a part of this too!!!



Somebody else was a little excited too!

2 comments:

kathleen c said...

Oh, fun!! I remember getting my first car, too. I must have sat in the front seat of that car for hours after the "big reveal" just waiting to be able to drive it.

P.S. I have NEVER cleaned my gutters. Ooops. :)

Jenni said...

There's was a reason my patio keeps flooding...my gutters were thick with sludge! But I had no idea,,!