Thursday, November 8, 2012

I've got this...I hope

Oh goodness the ebb and flow of emotions that are associated with the impending holidays.  As I have mentioned before this will be the first Christmas  my kids won't be waking up Christmas morning with me.  I think I have things pretty well lined up so I can survive, although it still makes me sad.
I was out riding last week and came to the decision, to not put up a Christmas tree.  Poor Lo was shocked, but I assured her we will still do all our Holiday  decorations,  it's just that we will be in Hawaii for 10 days  prior to Christmas and they won't be home for a week after Christmas, so the work of a Christmas tree seems a little pointless, and a lot of stress.
I keep reminding myself I have some really great things to look forward to.    First up is Thanksgiving, we are heading to Spokane to spend with Rick's large and loving family.  It was so much fun last year, I am really excited for the kids to experience it this year.  Then Bff Christmas party.  Ladies if you don't do this, you should.  Every year my girlfriends and I throw ourselves  a Christmas Party.  Last year we let the guys in on it, but this year they get to go to the annual Methow Ski weekend, so it's a ladies party. 
Then off to Hawaii, this is big.  Just knowing I will have 10 uninterrupted days with my kids to myself is huge, it really makes the thought of them being gone  a week bearable.  While they are gone I will need to catch up on work and hopefully ski each day. 
Our annual Methow Ski Weekend has moved up to accommodate everyone.  We include the guys about every other year (for those married with kids, getting away with out the guys is actually easier than finding someone for a whole weekend to watch your kids), this year all the guys wanted to go.  We've ended up with 7/ maybe 8 couples (three cabins).  I love this weekend each year, and SO glad it's become a bit of a tradition.  Then kids weekend in Mazama.  When February roles around we have New York.
So see I have lots to look forward to, plan for....keep me busy.   It's not to say Christmas day I won't be out mad skiing for hours just to clear my head, and because I will be no fun for anyone to be around, but I am trying!

2 comments:

West Coast Scribe said...

You will do great, so much fun stuff ahead to keep you going, Jenni. I'll be in Leavenworth Dec. 21-28 so let's please get together to ski - you can leave me in the dust and come back for me! XO!

Jenni said...

Janie I seriously doubt that! Let's make it happen, can't wait to see you!