Monday, November 12, 2012

Exception to the Rule

There's always an exception to the rule, and this weekend was one of them.  For all the complaining I do about the time I miss with my kids, this weekend it was actually nice they were away at their Dad's.  I had social engagements on the calendar for both Friday and Saturday night, plus needed to get a lot of the basics done at home.
Happy to say I got the inside of the house totally cleaned (in between lounging with coffee at the computer), including steam cleaning the carpets, plus Rick and I...or mostly Rick kicked arse on the outside.  ALL the front leaves are done, I put the garden to bed, he re routed my garage gutters to hopefully fix the flooding that's been happening. His help was very much appreciated.  Together we have 2 homes, so to take an entire weekend for mine, was so generous!
Also managed Friday and Saturday runs at Sage Hills.  I exercise a lot, not always for perfomance improvement, or to stay in shape, but because it helps me think.  It is my drug of choice.  If I head to the gym (which is rare) it's more out of a sense of obligation.  My love lies in running outside (particularly trail running), cycling, and most recently swimming.  I have found something so calming in the repetition of lap swim.  I love getting into a rhythm, and not hearing anything but your own breath, I'm hooked.  Soon skate skiing will replace outdoor cycling for me along with cycling it is my favorite sport.  There is nothing better than the smell and the beauty that comes with it, plus it's a great workout.  All my friends skate,yet another bonus. Plus Rick  is one very talented skier, and the most patient teacher.  I skied trails in the Methow last year I never thought possible.  Let it snow!

Below are some photos of Sage, the trails are in amazing shape.  It's wonderful to see how fast everything is coming back from the fire.
The ones of Kaiser and I are exactly why I stay away from selfies, they really never work out for me!
HAPPY DOG!

Attempt 1: Getting slobbered on

Attempt 2:  OK EXCEPT POO BAG APPEARED IN THE PHOTO

Attempt # too many:  The best one, and yet my dogs head looks gigantic

Saturday am, dusting of snow on this hills, and beautiful trails

Motivation and Friend time.  Nothing better than catching up with a friend on a run!


No comments: