Thursday, November 1, 2012

Does it get easier?

Divorce is hard, period.  I no longer mourn the loss of my spouse, he's alive and well, I mourn my family as a whole.  The comfort and security in knowing each holiday will be spent with my kids.  Now I look ahead years on a calendar to see what holidays I will have MY children and which ones will be spent without them.  Quite honestly it just doesn't seem fair.
This was the first Halloween in 15 years I didn't get to fully participate with them.  Lo's ten, so I feel the years of trick or treating are numbered.  I did get her ready,  even made a quick (and early) trip down the street, and I'm thankful for that.  I didn't choose this situation, but for the most part I have adjusted, and have learned to embrace this new life.  When it comes to my kids though, the situation doesn't get easier.  Making times like this even more difficult is the social media networks, it's right there in front of you, that your children are not with you.  It's heartbreaking, when I want nothing more at that very moment than to be with them.........

Thanks Sis for swinging by to show off your adorable boys, and seeing Lo before she was off!

1 comment:

kathleen c said...

We enjoyed a brisk mad dash through the neighborhood before dropping the kids off at their moms. I felt honored to be able to do the kids makeup this year. It's the little things...