Thursday, March 28, 2013

Getting Ready

This Tuesday my boy will take his driver skills test, and hopefully  the following Wednesday get his license!  Its all rather bittersweet.  There's something to be said for the time we've spent in the car together, and those random funny conversations that happen. I will miss that, but as a single mom,  it's exhausting shuttling two kids all over, all the time, along with running a business.  Tonight my son's at a track meet in Yakima, I'm really hoping a friend can give him a ride home, otherwise I'll be waking Lo and getting in the car at 11pm to get him.  I see the car as a good leveraging tool.  It was bought and paid for entirely by me, it's my car and can be taken away, seems fair enough!
This weekend Rick gave "us" the run down on some basic mechanics.  I keep a set of jumper cables in my car, and ironically have used them 3 times in the last 6 months, each time carefully reading the instructions, so Rick did a little explaining!

 I also attended my very last elementary school choir concert.  Lo has loved being in it since third grade, this last one was the best yet.  The only problem I've had with this choir is they've sung the same songs the last 3 years, it was a bit of a celebration to know we will be moving onto middle school choir.
Also HUGE thanks to my Mom and Dad your support of Lo means the world to us.  These aren't the most entertaining thirty minutes, but they mean a lot to her that you were there!  Her dad may have "forgotten" again, to show up, but because she had myself, her brother, cousins and grandparents there, she was in her element!! 


No comments: