Saturday, March 23, 2013

View from Two Wheels

Yesterday was one of those perfect days on the bike, where everything just goes right!  It was 38 degrees when I left and three hours and 53 miles later it had only warmed up to 42, however it was a rare day that I dressed perfectly (I have a tendency to always be over dressed, because I dislike cold so much).  In case you are wondering what do you wear to stay warm climbing AND descending.  I wore winter booties over my shoe, thermal bib tights, craft pro warm base layer (an awesome piece), long sleeve thermal jersey, packed my light weight wind block pearl izumi coat (had it in my pocket going out but put it on for the descent down Nahahum canyon and kept it on the rest of the time), ear warmers and my mid weight winter riding gloves.
I set out to ride most of the afternoon, was a little worried about the cold, but had so much fun.  Went out an back on Nahahum, which after the first mile is ALWAYS sunny, one of my favorite climbs, the descent is one of my favorites as well (did get a little too cold coming down), crossed into Cashmere to do Mission Creek, and even got snowed.  For whatever reason it was one of those days I just felt so blessed in my life.  Grateful to be out doing what I love, having the time to do it (although taking that time means my house gets sacrificed), and time to myself left with my own thoughts...it really was a blissful day.  Here's a few photos of what makes me smile while on the bike.


No comments: