Thursday, March 21, 2013

I Swear I am NOT a Hoarder

At least with most things.  I don't like clutter and I don't like things that don't serve a purpose.  If they aren't being used (even if I may need them later) I tend to get rid of them.  My clothes and shoes are kept to my favorites, extra furniture I sell.  I even have an empty bedroom in my house.   I don't have many keepsakes or "things" from my grandparents.  What I value more is pictures with them, and cards with their writing.
However, I was on a ride last week with a friend and we were talking about our favorite bike clothes, mine were a  blue bike short from a velo kit 6 or so years ago.  I literally wore the seat out of them.  They became transparent (likely wore them like this too), my friend said to me "and I bet you still have them" to my horror I realized I did.  I have no idea why I can't throw old bike clothes away.  My bike clothes occupy 1 entire drawer in my dresser and half of my closet.  Yet for each season I  only have 1 piece I like.  I thought about all the stuff I've ordered and just didn't fit right, but kept, or the bike vest with the broken zipper, the first pair of pearl izumi bike shorts (I still wear),  first pair of bike shoes, an inexpensive pair of NorthWaves  I wore until I couldn't glue the velcro strap back together, and no material was left in the heals,  yet I still have them "just in case I need them".  This was a very bad realization.  The transparent shorts, I say I'm keeping to use on the trainer, but the reality is I rarely ride the trainer.....I am going to work on this problem!

Here's a fun photo from today's ride.  I had a feeling I could out ride the rain clouds that were circling...and did!

No comments: