Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Journey

I started this blog in 2008. To chronicle our family and to share with others that lived away. Our story (mine and my ex) started in 1996, we had great times, bad times and everything in between. 2007 was a bad time, but by the beginning of 2008 I was feeling really good about "us", we had (I thought) gone through some of the worst times together only to come back to each other closer and happier than ever. Hence the blog was somewhat of a fresh start. I had no idea three years later I would use it to chronicle going through a divorce. I didn't know how hard that chapter in my life would be.  Journaling the ups and downs allowed me to process, and I truly hope, those of you that followed this journey and faced challenges of your own this gave you hope. They were my raw unfiltered emotions. I remember the sadness, but these days it doesn't hurt to remember those feelings. It was dark, and scary, but it's part of my life, a part thats gotten me here. A place where I am more sure of myself than I have ever been.
This afternoon I was in a text conversation with a friend that needed advice on a matter concerning my ex. At the end they apologized I had to deal with him for so many years
In the past I may have agreed, but my response came fast, without hesitation
I thought about it later. This reply symbolized so much in my journey. Life is series of lessons, we learn and hopefully grow from each.....I am in a very good place. I know I have learned from it all  and ready to embrace all that I have now!

No comments: