Friday, March 1, 2013

Possibilities

I was out enjoying a ride with my Leavenworth friends, today. A ride I have been doing on my cross bike without a computer, and let the ladies know was likely 30-35 miles....may have been off a few it was 43. They were awesome sports about it though and we enjoyed great conversation. About mile 27, on this beautiful day, I had a moment when I realized today is two years to the day my divorce was final. Instead being filled with sadness, I was filled with gratitude. Not because 14 years of a relationship ended, but because it was at this time I realized the depth of love within friends. I have wonderful friends, and during all the crap before, during and after, they NEVER failed to be there, in so many ways. I knew that while the love for one person was ending, the love for so many others was growing. So on this day, there is no sadness, just gratitude for loving friendships, and the possibilities of the future. Cheers.
Mission Creek Road
 

No comments: