Friday, May 23, 2014

Girlfriends on Bikes

I am grateful for them! Between running, hiking, swimming, lifting and cycling in the week, almost half of that time is spent on my bike. My shorter rides I typically head out at my convenience after work and before Lo is out of school, but once a week I try to hook up with this gal and get in a long ride. She's a better cyclist than me, I have no problem saying that. She's on her bike more and she's good, and more importantly I love riding with her.
I rode with another friend this week, that after a two year hiatus is back. We talked about riding with different abilities, and it's really all in the attitude. I ride with people better than me and not as good as me, what I enjoy is being out there with others that love it as much as me!
It is nice to chit chat cycling with other females. I ran into a non cycling friend in the store today and she was commenting on how much it would hurt to sit on the bike so long. Well M and I had just gotten done discussing, in fine detail some of the disgusting but fairly common "issues" that happen due to this! So I just answered "it's not always pretty"! (I'll spare you the details)

No comments: