Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Purge

I spent the weekend cleaning out my main floor bathroom/kitchen cabinets. I love it, and it felt so good. It's been a while. When my ex moved we quickly divided stuff here and there, and just haven't felt like going through it again.
I am having a huge yard sale in the next few weeks (combining household prep). I don't like keeping what I am not using. In the bathroom alone I found 8 bottles of sunscreen, 6 of OFF, 4 hand soaps, 4 hydrogen peroxide.....on and on. Pretty sure this will save me money instead of compulsively buying bulk at Costco, just in case!
On that note, I have to admit my vacations the last few year have all been financed by selling stuff. Once my divorce was final, everything left in the house/garage was mine. So bit by bit I've been selling off stuff, hot tub, couches, tv's, fooseball table, flooring, treadmill, bikes......it goes on and on. It's a big house, with too much stuff. Moving in with someone else that owns a house and has theirs furnished as well, makes you go through and pick just what you really want to keep, and thank goodness for Craiglist, I have become a master at selling and making money off the goods!
Plus, the fact that I am getting money for stuff that was once both my Ex's and mine, I won't lie, it makes the vacation even sweeter!

No comments: