Thursday, May 15, 2014

Just Pics

Tidbits from the week!
 
It was in the high 80's so it was time to give the dogs a much needed bath, and some hose play time
Book club. I just started this book club because my friends were talking about wanting to do one. Plus we haven't gotten together in a few weeks, so what's better than friends, books and yummy margaritas?!
(read the Orphan Train, I liked it, the fascinating part was these trains actually existed, so of course that lead to further reading and searching for info on them ).
 
Not the best picture, the waiter struggled with my bomb proof phone cover!
Yum!
Not that I really had time, but I needed to ride today. I've mentioned before that work for me is sometimes noisy. There is so much stimulation in the form of many conversations happening with me and others all at once for hours. Granted I love it, but I leave needing some quite time to gather my own thoughts. We're getting ready to head out of town, meaning I need to have everything in order for the business, my house all ready for my house sitter, and myself packed (thank goodness my kids take care of their own packing with little assistance from me). I left work today a bit overwhelmed, I knew exactly what I needed. To work get in a hard, fast workout that would get my heart racing, sweat profusely and ultimately calm me down. Hill repeats on my bike would do the trick.
Grateful this is my coping mechanism in stressful situations. Some drink, I ride. On the second go around of the hill even smirked a bit. My ex and I had two children together, somehow we managed to create pretty fabulous kids, of course that's the greatest gift I got from him, but not the only. It's because of him I took up cycling. I enjoy running, but I love cycling. Gone are the original bikes I had when we were together, and the north wave riding shoes (that I wore until they literally were falling apart, chunks at a time). Now it's my thing, and everything I have with it has been thought out by me, but if it hadn't been for the encouragement I don't think I ever would've take it up.
Therapy/productive ride

Oh and an adorable tbt. Lilo in fall of 2004
 
 

No comments: