Thursday, May 22, 2014

Love All

I've been getting back into the sport I grew up with, tennis. I think I started playing when I was around five, basically grew up at the tennis club, played year round, then first singles my freshman through junior year of high school, when all of a sudden it wasn't fun anymore. Being first singles as a freshman was awesome there were no expectations, as the years went I felt the pressures, so my senior year I switched to playing first doubles with a good friend, doubles is an entirely different game, which I needed and playing with my friend, I had the best time.
After that a I was busy raising kids, working multiple jobs, then owning a business, I lost who I was and what I enjoyed. My racquets went into a closet to collect dust and occasionally be brought out.
As pathetic as my forehand is now (thankgoodness my backhand always stays consistent) playing the other night brought back so many great memories and feelings.
Bit by bit these last few years pieces of me are returning. It wasn't just tennis I lost for so many years. I lost who I was, and truthfully I had no idea how much of me I had lost.
I don't blame my ex, I am the one that got caught up in all his chaos of life and lost sight of what was important to me, and who I was. Great things did come  from this time, new things (cycling, running and he is the father of my kids) so I can't be sad about that, but I certainly can realize that he was not the right person for me.
Looking forward to getting my game back!

No comments: