Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mom's May

Mays a pretty sweet month for me. One, because of Mother's Day the kids are home from their weekend at their dads a day early, and now I have them every weekend this month. As a divorced parent, the months that workout this way truly feel like a gift from the Gods.
Last night I spent a fabulous night at Sun Mountain with some pretty great ladies, before doing a trail marathon relay from Mazama to Twisp today. Possibly one of the most fun, and by far most gorgeous runs ever.
Post run! It's funny but five years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of leaving town for a night with out my husband to do this, likely because he'd be doing it too.  The ex and I were never able to be on our own, doing our own thing, this independce thing is relatively new!  One of the very things I love about Rick, is his ability to head out with buddies for a six hour ride and not feel like he has to ride with me, and I can go do things with my friends as well. This was something I was clearly lacking, and really needed.

No comments: