Saturday, May 3, 2014

Just a Day

Other than being seriously allergic to what seems like everything here, Wenatchee is insanely beautiful this time of year. Today was one of those perfect days, warm, but not too warm, not too windy, and sunny.
Started the day with a sunrise trail run, probably one of my favorite ways to start the day.
Worked a couple hours. Walked with a friend and her daughter to the parade (Apple Blossom), did the arts and crafts in the park, walked home for lunch then went in pursuit of taking our kids out to enjoy some nearby hiking.
Devils Spur was our first go, until a mile in my friends (6 year old) son spotted what he thought was bear tracks (around here the bears are not too worrisome and fairly skittish), she dismissed them as Kaisers, but upon closer inspection decided they were cougar tracks. Likely within the last day. This gal knows her stuff too, she grew up in Montana, outdoors. Needless to say with three kids we walked back.
Went to the no fail Dry Gulch right in town. However mid afternoon I knew we'd likely encounter snakes, just hoped they wouldn't be rattlers, and Kaiser wouldn't notice them first. Happy (although in my book seeing a snake is never really happy) to report just two bull snakes....eek!
While I dream of sand in my toes and unbrushed, sun kissed hair, I can be happy with this too!
 

No comments: