Monday, May 12, 2014

Grey Area

I haven't fully wrapped my head around where I stand on the Pot issue.  I did in fact vote for it to become legal in Washington State, simply because it is out there, and I would like to see the state be able to profit off it.  As for exposure, and navigating this territory as a parent, not sure yet what is the best way.  Thus far I have chosen to date and be with people that do not bring that influence into my children's life, just as I have chosen not to date anyone with any sort of substance abuse issues.  The guys I have chosen to date and be around, only drink in moderation and do not use tobacco products.  This was important to me, as a parent and representation of who I am.

This is my friends sister's blog, that made the Huffington post.  I respect what she wrote, and how tasteful it was written.  I think one of her biggest points was to be able to teach children (when they are of legal age) to be safe, and mindful of when and where. 

*Read the blog rather than  watch the interview (or watch the interview after)  I think the interviewer missed on some of the key points and was just more excited to be talking about pot.  Confessions of a Pothead Mom

No comments: